Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Clark hit with $40,000 fine

By Teresa Varley of Blog.Steelers.com

Safety Ryan Clark was fined $40,000 by the NFL for his hit on Ravens tight end Ed Dickson in Sunday night’s loss to Baltimore.

Clark was angry about the fine when speaking about it during open locker room on Wednesday.

“I guess I have somewhat of a reputation, but that has nothing to do with the play, with what happens,” said Clark. “I am all for player safety, so much so that I don’t want to hit people with my head. We have talked about this time and again and I try to get my head out of the way constantly. There are reasons I can’t lift my arms up on Mondays, because I am using my shoulders. To be fined when I did everything in my power not to hit him with my helmet, everything.

You can read the rest of the story here: Clark hit with $40,000 fine

Get more Steelers news at our Pittsburgh Steelers page

No comments:

Post a Comment